Sat, 12 Nov|
ALTERED RETREAT DAY
Consciously curated to experience ALTERED states of consciousness for you to journey inwards. Supported by a plethora of different soundscapes and vibrations the sacred plant medicine that is cacao and light wave technology you will be led into a deep journey of release and up-level.
Time & Location
12 Nov 2022, 10:00 – 17:00
LimeWharf, Lime Wharf, Vyner St, Cambridge Heath, London E2 9DJ, UK
About the event
THE ALTERED RETREAT
A one-day experience consciously curated to experience ALTERED states of consciousness for you to journey inwards. Supported by a plethora of different soundscapes and vibrations, the sacred plant medicine that is cacao and light wave technology, you will be led into a deep journey of release, shift and up-level.
This is a special immersion which combines deeply transformational gong baths with the LiBa Lightbath experience, guided meditations, sacred ceremonies and the ancient healing practice of Kundalini Yoga.
TIMINGS: 10:00am - 5:00pm
ALTERED LIGHT & SOUND BATH
Guests will be offered a unique and rare opportunity to activate their pineal gland (also referred to as the “seat of the soul”) and explore altered states of consciousness through a deep dive journey into the qualia of consciousness, through ‘light wave technology’ and ‘healing sound wave frequencies.
What IS QUALIA?
Qualia is part of the phenomenon of consciousness. It includes all of our senses: sight, touch, olfactory, sound and ones rawest feelings, thoughts and emotive responses. Qualia are typically considered to be private to the one experiencing them and ineffable by nature.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
LiBa is in theory Binaural Beats for your eyes, whereas the sounds experienced from a range of therapeutic instruments such as the Gongs are actual Binaural Beats. Ultimately, they both impact and change the brain wave frequencies of participants. By combining the two we are able to tune into an even more profound and ‘hallucinogenic-like’ experience, triggering a wide range of meditative trance states.
“We each have what we are searching for within us; let ALTERED be the vehicle that can allow you to find it.”
- retreat co-hosts Lizze & Tam
- START : 10:00AM
- ARRIVALS WITH WELCOME TEA & NIBBLES
- OPENING CIRCLE WITH HEART-OPENING CACAO PLANT MEDICINE
- INTENTION SETTING
- KUNDALINI PRACTICE
- LUNCH BREAK (please bring your own food or explore nearby options)
- CRYSTAL-INFUSED YOGA NIDRA
- ALTERED LIGHT & SOUND BATH
- CREATIVE ART EXPRESSION
- CLOSING & SHARING CIRCLE
- CLOSE: AROUND 5PM (may run over)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Anyone who wants to experience the profound potency & power of sound meditation
- Anyone who is curious about ALTERED states of consciousness, searching for an opportunity to relax and go inward
- Anyone curious to work with the sacred cacao medicine, personal growth & immersive experiences
- Anyone who struggles to express, process or release emotion
- Anyone who is feeling like they need to be supported & held instead of holding and supporting others
- Anyone who is seeking to deepen their connection with themselves
WHAT TO BRING:
Yourself, an open mind and the following:
- Yoga mat if you prefer your own or would like extra padding (recommended but we have some at the studio)
- eye mask for the sound healing (optional but recommended)
- Water bottle
- Journal & pen
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing and bring extra layers as body temperatures drop in the deep meditative & altered states you will be experiencing
*FOR YOUR SAFETY:
We care about your health & safety. Please consult your healthcare professional if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic cardiovascular conditions
- Recent surgery under general anaesthetic (under two weeks prior)
- First trimester of pregnancy
- Carrying a pacemaker
- Cacao contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) ceremonial doses can contraindicate with both tyramine (1st gen anti-depressants) and tryptophan (2nd gen SSRI anti-depressants). Cacao is not a compulsory component of this event. If you have any of the above and still wish to participate we require you to communicate with us prior and sign a waiver and release.
The Liba-slim lamp is not a medical device. The use of LiBa light impacts every individual differently. All described effects are based on observation.
Important - you should note this before a Hypnagogic Light Experience:
In rare cases, flashbacks can occur after altered states of consciousness. The application of LiBa-slim is entirely at your own risk. Children and adolescents, pregnant women and persons with stroboscope incontinence e.g. due to mental illnesses (psychosis, anxiety disorders, etc.) or medical problems such as a tendency to seizure disorders (epilepsy, etc.) are excluded from the application in any case.
YOUR RETREAT HOSTS:
Tam is a meditation teacher, sound meditation practitioner and ceremonialist. Her approach is deeply immersive and spiritually invigorating using a plethora of therapeutic instruments such as gongs and crystal singing bowls. She also works with cacao medicine and heart-centered meditations for deep healing. Rooted in ancient healing techniques, her practices are aimed at helping manage the modern challenges of the 21st century.
Elizabeth Broderick of Anicca Sound is a certified sound meditation teacher with yoga alliance, creating soundscapes for altered states. Elizabeth is passionate about our capability to heal through vibration and believes that sound takes us on a journey back to our inner wisdom, a place of stillness for balanced living. She works with gongs, crystal bowls and a variety of other instruments to create multi-dimensional cosmic sound experiences.